Mariapolis Maria Mai / Fontem- Cameroon28 September 2016
The inculturation of the Gospel in the African societies, above all in Fontem, in the heart of the Cameroon forest, where the concrete witness of love by the focolarini doctors efforts called to take care of the Bangwa people, suffering from many diseases and severe infant mortality, meant that this people, and several other neighboring peoples have walked into the path of faith and fraternity. It is also seen in other two citadels that arise to Kenya and the Ivory Coast.
We are in the midst of the beautiful tropical nature, the specific of this citadel is the frequent contact with the gentile population Bangwa. The life is simple, it quickly creates a huge wealth of relationships. Culture is characterized by a strong tradition and a youthful and joyful Christianity. In Fontem, it rains a lot during the year and in the dry season, there is so much dust.
Trying to make a monthly activities with young people, for example, a march for peace in the united world Week: with a visit by the highest representative of the government, we planted trees together with him for peace and after we cleaned the market square.
A day in memory of Chiara Luce and also the strong participation in the days of the new evangelization…
During the period of stay of the youths here we have some activities to propose:-
– Local craft work(e.g designing small articles using materials from local plants)
– Visits to museums, palaces of local chiefs and the Fon (king)
– A day of interaction with the youths (including sporting activities, walk etc)
– 2 days to stay with some African families in the Citadel
– Inter-cultural evening (traditional dances, sketches and other cultural exchanges, presentation of the citadel etc
– Possible Additional Trip to the Ancient Sultan Palace in Foumban and the ocean coast of Limbe.